Saturday, June 02, 2007

Star Trek…

Or Star Trek XI (I think that’s eleven?!?!?) a prequel/re-imagining of the popular science fiction series is all set to hit theatres in December 2008… GREAT news for my good friend Pete AND my sci-fi obsessed brother Hassan… although… to be fair… I don’t think either of them are as obsessed with the genre, as a whole, than I am… You can credit Star Wars for that… IV, V and VINOT the lame prequels…

Poster art for the 2008 release

I’m not that huge a fan of Star Trek… I never did follow any of the series regularly… an odd episode here and there… in fact… my fondest memories of Star Trek was attending the premier of Star Trek Nemesis (Star Trek X) with Peter in… get this… FULL Starfleet gear… the two of us got a couple of gibes from other audience members there… but it was a generally fun experience… one I would not take back… EVER!!! Only regret is... I wasn't there for Star Wars... with the Lightsabers!

Thanks Pete for the fun times…

And thanks Hassan… for renewing my faith in Sci-Fi with Stargate SG-1 (more on that later… maybe…)

Pete, Hassan – Here’s hoping J.J. Abrams delivers a story worthy of the Star Trek legacy…

Guys... 'Live long and prosper'.

No comments: