Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Shout out for a good book.

Some of you guys have probably read my short scripts Life and After life (Ben - I've got a concept for Before life so the trilogy is complete, atleast in my head!). Those I wrote when in Limkokwing. I've no illusions BUT this give you guys a clue as to my tastes...

The short story collection Children playing before a statue of Hercules (edited and introduced by David Sedaris) has got PLENTY of that kinda flavour - The girl with the blackened eye (Joyce Carol Oates) and Bullet to the brain (Tobias Wolfe) stand out.

I must admit I did skip a couple of the stories - when they slowed down a bit BUT it was only just the two.

For those who enjoy a decent (these are more than decent) stories like me - this is a definite keeper.

NO. I'm not lending my copy!

2 comments:

Peter said...

Hmmm ... which reminds me... if I find a good book or two, I'll carry them with me when I come over soon, in addition to the mints which you are craving for... Fisherman's Friend... he he. Plus i'll probably bring over the spent copies of Times over. Got loads of those these days from the office. My bosses don't really keep them after they're done with it. So, the hand-me-downs comes to me... :) kewl...

Unknown said...

You're a saint!